Saturday, June 1, 2013

Early 2013

It's around 1:30pm when I went to school for my summer class- Finance Class. I waited for like 15mins. for her to show up and do her thing but sad to say, she didn't so I decided to be a loner for the remaining hours since I still have a 3:30 Taxation class. Pffft. It's raining outside and I'm setting all alone with a cup of coffee. Felt bored so I took my pen and started scribbling on what's my mind. It was quite fascinating because I never thought that I could write this for like, 2 pages, back to back and counting. Here it goes.



2013 was and is still full of surprises. Though 2012 did not end well for me and for my family since Mom passed away yet God never fails to replace the sadness I felt He replaced it with something else. Well, not in a motherly kind of feeling but something that brings happiness to me. At the first quarter of the year, I felt lugubrious for my dear girlfriends was about to graduate from college and I am left with another friend to finish our own race, another milestone. It was a challenge not to miss them, the laughter, bonding, craziness, unexpected drama among friends, reconciliation, forgiveness, and more craziness. haha! There is only 1 summer and 1 semester left for me then I could say Goodbye to my Alma Mater. In both ways, missing and longing to stay in the Univ. has become a feeling that I don't completely understand but I know that later,  I will finally be able to let go of my 5 & 1/2 years stay here. Some of you might be wondering why I stayed a little longer than expected. Well first, I was a mess, a total MESS back then, I stopped for 1 semester then shifted course, which is where I am graduating from - HM- Hospitality Management. Lastly, my academic degree was delayed because of an unexpected blessing, which was when I applied as an Exchange Student for South Korea for 6 months. What did I do there? That's another story to tell and that reminds me to publish a separate blog about my experiences there. Anyway, before March ended, around the 2nd to 3rd week, right after our Field Trip, someone texted me. Now, that was really unexpected. He was my classmate in some major and minor subjects I took. Actually, I just knew him by name, face and the unpleasant behavior inside the classroom, which is of course as many guys are, a typical noisy type, I-Dont-Care-About-The-World attitude, sometimes unattentive, irresponsible (which includes not bringing of yellowpad hahaha! just a pen or a small ntbk. perhaps) and occasionally  late for class. When I asked him who he was, he stated his name, so I was like,"Hmmm. the name sounds familiar." Then I remembered, “Oh, ok.. that guy.” Forgive me but I won’t be spoiling his name here for privacy purposes. J well, maybe soon, I will but not on this post. Not yet. Back to where I left, during those time, I wasn’t on the brink of entertaining any guy, esp. a guy like him that is out of my standards and interest. He doesn’t have that “thing” that I used to look at a guy. From the lifestyle to the get up. Ughhhh. Just not the type. So I texted a friend of mine, let’s just give her a screen name, Lena would do. So as what I was saying, Lena is a close friend of mine. We both attended in the same school during high school and college. She told me that she gave my digits to him and she told me the story behind why she ended up giving my number to him. It was quite funny though. So I was like, “Been there, done that.” I don’t want to entertain any text mates, chat mates or any other guy even though I know the person, I just don’t want to, not now. Maybe not ever. I just got to a point where all non-sense stuffs doesn't work for me anymore, for entertaining random guys, not part of my interest anymore. Well, after this, I think I just ate what I said. People really do change; it’s either for the worst or for the better. I did all the speech and she replied “Just keep texting him, for me?”, because we are good friends. Okay! So I got it. I tried texting him back just to keep the friendship. It started with a casual Hi-Hello convos, not really that serious. I wasn't serious at all, just a typical convo with a previous classmate. That’s all. As Lena said,” Just try to know him.” Then we got to the “getting to know” stage. I was like, “okay, then what?” He started asking common questions like “what’s your favorite color, dessert, cake”, and he asked for my birthday. Days went by; I got really fond of talking to him when he first called. I was like, “Great, another phone call and I need to get along with the conversation”. I thought it would only last for an hour or so but guess what, we ended up talking for 4 ½ hours. Hahaha! Now, that was quite the most unexpected part. After the convo, I've learned that he has a crush on me since 2010, from the very first day that the class started. I won’t go further for the detail, so let’s just leave it that way. From that time on, we got along pretty well and just fine. For about 2 weeks or so, as I can barely remember, we started going out. What’s so funny about it is that, he was well acquainted with my ever dearest cousin and some close friends. We actually have a lot of common friends and what’s great about it is that, I had a chance to ask some of my friends if how is he as a friend, colleague and as a person since they know him well. TIP: if you want to gather more information about the person you like or the guy is trying to court you, you need to do your homework. I hope you get what I mean. Looks and words can be deceiving. Then there it was, on the 26th day, a day before my birthday, I received my first and second most unexpected surprise for my birthday. The first one was from my dearest friends, namely as Nicole, Daisy, and Kim. They bought me a tea cake and 5 colorful balloons. Awww! That was really sweet of them. I was really happy. After we had a quality time, we both departed ways. I went home and so are they. Changed my clothes and had my dinner when suddenly, someone ringed the doorbell. My cousin quickly got up from her seat and opened the gate. We all wondered who that might be then suddenly, my cousin shouted that I have a visitor. I was shocked so again, I changed my clothes and went outside. I saw Lena, so I told myself, “hahaha, He is definitely with her”, then I saw him. He unexpectedly handed me over a bouquet of flowers and a fruit cheesecake. I was deeply surprised, while I was receiving the presents; my hands were totally shaking, not to mention my indescribable happiness and smile. 

So I invited them inside, talked a little, and as a remembrance, they took a picture of us together with the presents. He met my sisters, and of course, dad himself. The night ended well… and that was the start of my love story. Can I take back what I said? The night wasn’t over yet, at around 12:00am on the 27th of April, my birthday, he posted a video. It wasn’t an ordinary video at all, rather it wasn’t the video that I was expecting. I thought it would consist only of pictures. Okay, so I’ll just put a link down below so you can have the chance to watch. 

It was over the top! Like, really?!?! This is happening? Hahaha!  Well, honey, it’s really happening.  The effort was much appreciated. It was a nostalgic event. was it a fiasco for a birthday present? Nahh, it wasn’t. it was EPIC! It was EPIC because that was the first time that any guy had ever done to me and it was something sweet. Really sweet. Incomparable. No one can ever fathom that. Na-Da! Wait, I’m still trying to recall the series of events. Hmmm. Ok, so as I continue my story to its near end of April, to make the long story short, we got along very well. We had our first movie date, we watched Iron Man 3. He told me that wants to talk to my dad, I was a little nervous on whatever that outcome might be but I let him be. After we watched, we went to my house and daddy was there outside, seating. I was teasing him but he seem relaxed when he greeted dad. We had our dinner, he took a few deep breaths and he was ready on that night to talk to dad. I had a few ideas of how the conversation went but not the whole thing. Feeling nervous as ever, the conversation went well, it was between a suitor- dad convo, just a little surprise when I heard them both laughed, not just once but many times. Are kidding me? Both of them laughing? Together? That’s great. Can a girl ask for more? When a father laughs with a guy who is trying to win you heart. At this moment, I think I couldn't narrate more about my life but let’s just put it this way, we are happy. Still on the getting to know, making our own life’s adventure, more memorable memories and making a lot of “first time” experiences.

No comments :

Post a Comment